Skip to main content

one of those afternoons

The warm kiss of the not yet ripe sun,

dances and fights with the wind 

for the royalties over my skin.


The glittering light

blends with the sky

over my tight.


I am a daughter

with a millennia gone

in arguments over who's lost and who's won.

When every solder has failed

to taste this acid vail 

what's the point of standing victorious

over a grave?

with flowers from a valley, no man has ever claimed. 


Joana
Written on one of those afternoons you feel 15 even thought you're about to turn 20, May 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was a Castle

 I was a Castle by David I can give you all the void that I have left The hole where I used to be you might find treasure in the ruins remnants that were part of me Its not your duty to rebuild what I was or even awe at whats now left and no matter how much I need you Ill let you leave if you think its best If you however still decide to pick up hammer, brick and mortar to build along me by my side and push yourself to going forward If you can manage to navigate me to get hurt by the dangers that I keep by words that fall from rotten beams and dragons that are still asleep If loving me is not too much and I am not to small for you If you decide to be with me there is nothing I wont do This was written on Valentines Day February 2024

Welcome to Slash

  Welcome to /Slash/ We are /Slash/ the Literature and Creative Writing committee at your local UCG.  Q: What do we do? A: Well… we write! Q: What do we write? A: Whatever our hearts desire ;D /Slash/ writes Poetry, song lyrics, and Short stories as well as Articles, Opinion essays, Movie and Book Reviews. We also discuss and talk about Literature. Books that make us forget where we are, Poems that make us cry, and Songs that make us kiss random people at the club. If you are interested in writing, finding other people who like to write and maybe even getting your own works published then /Slash/ is the space for you. We would love to welcome you into our worlds and into our hearts <3. How to get Started? Do you want to get something you wrote PUBLISHED???? Well, that’s fantastic!!! There are multiple ways to do that. First, you can always ask a /Slash/ Member and send your work to them for them to get it published on our Instagram and on the mythical, mysterious, and magic...

untitled

The humble beginning of the fire  moves my bones as I dance, with the wind of the East- knitting it's fingers through me as we sway.  Now I see,  baby you needn't do it for me. I shine brighter then what they can tolerate to see!  The Western sun shines over the poles as I look through my fingers and feed the sea with the tears that tumble down - burning from the wind  Joana Written on one those afternoons, May 2023